Popular Posts

Monday, December 19, 2011

Importance of Salah/Namaaz


              Bismillah   Ar-rahman  nir  rahim
Assalamu alaikum wa rahamatullahi wa barakatahu J
Before I begin, I would like to thank my Allah and YOU, for letting me share a small part of your sawab.
Indeed You are the chosen One. Why? as Allah has chosen you for hidayat. Me? I am lucky to share a small part of your sawab as I m being the channel. But the real sawab is and will always be yours. As Allah wants you to come and pray to Him and He wants to forgive you and grant you Jannah.
You might read a few things in my posts, as I continue deeper and take you along with me into Namaaz/ Salat.
So, I request you not to block me or stop reading the mails, if they tell you to do something which you think is not  right or which you find hard to do. Feel free to ask me or anyone around you . Remember, I am also with you in it. You are not alone. We are doing it together for the sake of our Allah !!
So my earnest request to keep an open mind and read and think and share. But, Don’t Turn your back to an opportunity sent from Allah.
This is His doing. Not mine J
May Allah grant us all beneficial ilm and the strength to apply it and please Him and grant us entry into Jannah….together J
I will try to the best of my ability to present both hanafi and sha’fi rulings about various matters.
 On this note..lets begin…
Bismillah ar-rahman- nir –rahim..
Importance of Namaaz:
Who believe in the Unseen, are steadfast in prayer, and spend out of what We have provided for them;  (  سورة البقرة  , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #3)
However hard I tried, I could not pick out a single verse as the best verse to show how important “salat/prayer/namaaz” is.
So, I decided to just start with the first ayat in the first verse in the Quran .
And Subhanallah!! its only the 3rd verse. I didn’t have to look further.
 The word(s) "prayer" appears 14 time(s) in 12 verse(s) in chapter #2 in Yusuf Ali translation.
The word(s) "prayer" appears 124 time(s) in 112 verse(s) in Quran in Yusuf Ali translation
And I prefer to say nothing futher about the importance for Salah/Namaaz.
I will like to let you listen to Prophet s.a.w speak directly to you regarding it.
Listen to him (s.a.w) carefully.
He  is saying “offer the prayers at their early stated fixed times and "Allah has obligated five prayers. Whoever excellently performs their ablutions, prays them in their proper times, completes their bows, prostrations and khushu` [Khushu` in the prayer is where the person’s heart is attuned to the prayer.] has a promise from Allah that He will forgive him. And whoever does not do that has no promise from Allah. He may either forgive him or punish him." [ Bukhari, Book # 52, Hadith # 41 and  Recorded by Malik, Ahmad, Abu Dawud, al-Nasa’I and others]
 So, tell me, what are you thinking?
Subhanallah!! This is Allah and His messenger, our beloved Prophet s.a.w  are directly speaking to YOU J you are so lucky mashallah!!
Rasulullah (SAW)  said "The covenant between us and them is prayer, so if anyone abandons it he has become a disbeliever."  (Agreed upon by Ahmad, Tirmidhee and Nasaa'ee to be authentic)
In an other Hadith of Rasulullah (SAW) said "What lies between a man and disbelief is the abandonment of prayer." ( Agreed upon by Muslim, Abu Dawood and Nasaa'ee as sahih authentic)
Do you realize the seriousness of the above hadith?it shook me hard, as I have missed my prayers …!!
Please don’t block me after reading this. you might find it difficult to digest and accept.
But remember Allah wants YOU to come to HIM. What happened is in the past. Now, is what matters/
Allah (swt) further warns us in the Quran "O you who believe! Let not your properties or your children divert you from the remembrance of Allâh. And whosoever does that, then they are the losers." (Sura Al-Munaafiqoon, ayah #9)
The commentators of the Qur'aan say: "The 'remembrance of Allaah' mentioned in these Aayaat means the five daily prayers. If anyone is so busy in buying and selling, or with his daily work of earning a livelihood, or with his children, that he cannot perform prayers on time, he will be among the losers.

 So, lets get up, and make wu’du and pray!! J
And remember me in your duas that all prayers become easy…specially the fajr!!
JazzakAllah kathira..

No comments:

Post a Comment