Popular Posts

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

the story of a liar!!


I am a 52 years old. For last 22 years my heart had been heavily burdened with guilt. Encouraged by the goading of shaitan and the pressure of my nafs, I had committed a grave sin.
This is my story. Please read it and pass it on. Someone might get the courage to accept their sins and seek forgiveness from Allah swt.
Me , Areeq and Ayat were best friends since school. We did everything together. The saying “three is a crowd” didn’t apply to us.
But, there was a part of me that felt, that Areeq and Ayat shared some secrets. Try as I might, it was a difficult feeling to get rid of that thought.
Time passed and we all went to college and were set to get married at the same time.
Right before, our marriages, Ayat’s finace decided to call off the wedding. It came as a surprise to both the families. With a lot of difficulty matters were fixed between the two. Ayat broke all her relations with Areeq and told her not to attend her wedding anymore. It shocked and pained everyone as the families were close too.
Areeq didn’t have any answers. She was bewildered and hurt. They all looked at me .
But all I could do was shake my head and join in their shock and confusion, as I didn’t have the courage to tell the truth.
Time passed and Areeq thankfully moved to Saudi Arabia. Me and Ayat remained friends.
We started growing old. As the realization hit us that one day soon we will meet Allah swt, we joined an Islamic Studies course.
As I progressed into the deen, the silent protestations of my soul became audible. And as I forged on, they became so loud that I stopped hearing my own voice.
And then the blessed month of Ramadan came and we started Surah Yusuf. As the end of the Tafseer of the beautiful ayat came, my teacher said.” Truth reigns supreme! The truth will come out no matter what. If not in this world, then in the hereafter. And the innocent will be declared free and the liar will be brought forth. So, seek forgiveness of your sins before its too late” and she smiled and looked at me.
I felt like my heart had fallen onto the floor. The protestations in my mind became too loud to bear.
I turned towards Ayat and told her “ 30 years back, Areeq didn’t betray your trust. I did. I wanted to get back at you two for keeping secrets from me. I read an email that you had sent her. She didn’t tell me anything. She always kept her promise. I read it and told Sarah about your brief relationship with your husband’s cousin. And I got carried away and added some details that weren’t true.  I didn’t think that Sarah would tell that to your husband’s sister. I am sorry for all the pain I caused you and your family so many years ago.”
Ayat kept looking at me. But I didn’t have the courage to look at her. I just kept crying.
After a while I realized that Ayat was no longer there.
A wave  sadness washed over me. With difficulty I reached home and went straight to my prayer mat. Seeking Allah’s forgiveness and praying that some how I get back my 2 friends.
Just then the door bell rang.I couldn’t get up. I didn’t want to get up. It kept ringing.  Frustrated , I got up.When I opened the door , I saw it was Ayat, holding my favorite cake in her hands.
She looked at me and smiled and thrust it forward.
I couldn’t move. She gently pushed me aside and came in. She put the cake down and drew me towards her and hugged me tight. I whispered “how can u forgive me”?
She whispered back” Allah is one. He gave you the courage to own up and He gave me the strength to forgive you”We both cried so much. Together we called Areeq and told her everything. She kept crying on the phone. Some times angry, sometimes scolding , some times laughing.
Alls well that ends well.We are back to being friends again..Alhamdullilah!
So my dear friend, if you have ever lied in your life or gossiped about any one please get up and pray to Allah swt to forgive you and make an oath never to do it again.
Your lies might not be as bad as mine. But a lie is a lie and as the ayat says
Allah will say: "This is a Day on which the truthful will profit from their truth: theirs are Gardens under which rivers flow (in Paradise) - they shall abide therein forever. Allah is pleased with them and they with Him. That is the great success (Paradise).
( 
سورة المائدة  , Al-Maeda, Chapter #5, Verse #119)”

 

No comments:

Post a Comment